Curry Butternut Soup in IP Ace
Butternut squash makes me happy, specially when I can pick it up in the grocery store all cubed & ready to cook. Today it got made into a soup. I don’t even have process pictures because making this was so easy.
- 1 lb cubed butternut squash
- 1.5c chicken broth or vegetable broth (*vegan if made with vegan broth)
- 1 clove garlic (whole)
- 1/2 yellow onion (coarsely chopped)
- small piece of ginger (enough to make about 1/2 tsp if minced)
- 1 tsp curry powder (I find it very ironic when I use curry powder, but whatever works)
- 1/3 cup grated unsweetened coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- pinch of nutmeg
- S&P to taste
- 2 tbsp roasted pistachios (for garnish only)
Throw everything except the pistachios into the blender and start the soup cycle. If not using a soup-making blender, then simmer everything together for 20 mins and puree with the tool of your choice.
Check S&P and adjust to taste.
Serve topped with crushed pistachios.
Really, that’s it.