Fresh Blueberry Jam in Bread Machine
What do you do with a large batch of blueberries that aren’t sweet enough to eat? Make jam, of course! I swapped out 1/2 cup of blueberries for strawberries (chopped), making 3 cups of mostly blue berries.
I plopped these into my bread machine with sugar and fresh lemon juice
A little more than an hour later, I was rewarded with two small jars of fresh, fresh, jam! One to keep, one to give away. The jam came out with pie-filling consistency at first and then jelled up as it cooled. If you are particular about a thicker jam, use a recipe with pectin.
Homemade jam on homemade bread. Doesn’t get any better!
- 3 cups blueberries (or a mix of berries)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (juice of half a lemon)
- Rinse the berries, pat dry, & mash them before adding to the bread machine.
- Top with the sugar & lemon juice. Stir.
- Let the bread machine do its thing on the jam cycle.
- Scoop into your jars with a spatula, taking care not to burn yourself on the hot bread machine insert.
If you are trying to preserve jam, and do the sterilizing & canning thing, more power to you. I don’t know enough about it to provide any guidance! I’ll be eating my jam within a week 🙂