Broccoli Cheddar Soup in IP
Possibly the easiest soup on Earth!
- Half yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- small knob of ginger
- 1 large head of broccoli
- 1 c chicken broth (sub with veg broth to make vegetarian)
- 1/2 c bone broth (sub with veg broth to make vegetarian)
- 2 tbsp coconut cream (optional. Can be replaced with heavy cream)
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1 stalk (stick?) of celery
- 4 oz cheddar, coarsely grated. ( I used sharp cheddar)
- Half a yellow onion (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped fine or minced)
- small knob of ginger (grated)
2. Meanwhile, add 1 cup chicken broth & 1/2 cup bone broth to the IP. Hit the saute button so it warms while you are prepping.
3. Chop the broccoli into large florets. Reserve one large floret for garnish. Dice the meaty parts of the stem. Toss into IP (minus reserved floret).
4. Toss onions, garlic & ginger into IP once nicely browned.
5. Add remaining ingredients except cheese and cream into IP and pressure cook for 5 minutes. Rest 5 minutes. Release.
6. While pressure cooking, chop the reserved broccoli floret into small pieces. Saute till slightly browned.
7. Blend contents of IP with immersion blender once pressure cooking is done. Add optional coconut cream during this step if desired.
8. Add grated cheese. Mix till incorporated.
9. Serve garnished with browned broccoli florets. I also like to add crushed pecans to mine.