Cauliflower Brie Soup in IP
This is seriously the easiest soup you’ll ever make. I first tasted the Cauli-Brie combo at The Leaning Pear in Wimberly (awesome restaurant, btw!). I made a mental note to recreate it, and this recipe I put together got the thumbs up from my family gourmands.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tsp veggie soup base (“Better Than Boullion”) and 1 cup water, OR 1 cup veggie broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 oz (1/2 disc) brie
- 1 tbsp butter ( I prefer unsalted)
- black pepper- couple of turns of the pepper mill
- Wash cauli and chop into large florets
- Add to pressure cooker, along with garlic and soup base + water (or broth)
- Pressure cook on High for 5 minutes. Natural release.
- Puree slowly with immersion blender, adding warm water to desired consistency
- Add butter
- Peel the rind off the brie and chop into cubes. Add to soup.
- Switch to Low Saute mode for 5 minutes, allowing the cheese to melt
- Add salt and pepper
- Blend again to desired smoothness. And you’re done!
- I don’t actually serve it with a little wedge of cheese- that’s just a prop for the photo 🙂 This is not a very photogenic soup, but it is definitely very hearty and filling!