Lemon Rosemary Rice
I made lemon rosemary rice as a side for my Milk Braised Pork, and it was a delicious accompaniment.
The rice was incredibly easy to make!
- 2-3″ piece fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp minced lemon zest
- half an onion, diced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 cup basmati rice
- 2.5 cup chicken stock
- Heat a large pan to medium heat and add 2 tbsp of oil to to.
- Add half the diced onions and cook till light brown
- Add the rice & the rosemary sprig. Cook till rice starts getting opaque.
- Place the rice-onion mixture into your rice cooker. Add the chicken broth and lemon zest, & cook per instructions for your cooker.
- Using the same fry pan, heat the remaining oil and cook the remaining half portion of diced onions till deeply caramelized. Set aside and use as garnish when rice is cooked.
Together with a poached celery appetizer than my husband made from a recipe published in WSJ, this was a delicious meal! Clockwise from top: Milk Braised Pork, Lemon-Rosemary Rice, Poached Celery.