Meera’s Flipping Burgers
I’ve been making these homemade burger patties for years, yet somehow I never made them in the months since starting this food blog. I’m so glad I have this opportunity to earn my domain name!
I like to heavily season my meat, and add some oil and an egg in for good measure. Mix it all up, and they’re good to go!
I typically end up with quarter pound patties, but make ’em as you like ’em.
Mmm… look at those nice burgers in the making
Another delicious dinner! Your burgers can be more photogenic if you use cheese, and let your condiments ooze out. I’m personally a minimalist, and was not going to sabotage my burger for a photo-op. Lettuce, tomato, and a dab of ketchup on my homemade patty.
Meera’s Flipping Burgers:
- 1.5 lbs ground beef (I buy organic, grass fed beef. Sadly, it is always lean, hence the oil & egg…)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil (or fat of your choice)
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped or grated
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2″ knob of ginger, grated
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp yellow mustard powder
- 1.5 tsp kosher salt
- pepper or chilli powder – as desired. I skip it.
- Fixin’s: Your choice of bun, lettuce wraps, condiments, etc.
- Mix all ingredients together (except the condiments etc, of course.)
- Allow to sit for 30 mins at room temp for the flavors to come together
- Rest is up to you! Ball up into patties of the size you want, grill to your desired doneness (I use my trusty instant read thermometer), and serve on buns or as a lettuce wrap (gluten free!). So easy! Now that we have a functioning grill again, I’ll be flipping tons of burgers this summer!