Salmon benny with IP- poached eggs
Is there anything more satisfying than a perfectly runny poached egg in your salmon benedict?
I think not!
We started with a slice of my home made seeded bread
Next, we whipped up some truffle mayo with this truffle salt that’s a huge hit in my kitchen
Poached eggs come out perfectly in the IP every single time. You have to remember that the cooking time is very sensitive to the container you poach them in. I always use these little steel cups.
Just look at that awesomeness! 🙂
The kid wanted extra salmon on top of his, and who am I to say no to that?!
Perfect Poached Eggs in Steel Cups:
- Spray the cups gently with oil to aid in removing the eggs
- Open and pour one egg into each cup
- Heat to low pressure and hold for 2 minutes (My script in the Bluetooth app has two steps: Heat to pressure Low; Hold pressure Low for 2 minutes)
- Release pressure when done, and remove cups from cooker immediately
- Remove eggs from cups immediately & serve.
- NOTE: Because timing is critical to prevent overcooking, I assemble everything else, and then cook the eggs. That way I can plop them directly on the bread. If you made extras for seconds, keep them in their cups, in a plate of cold water.
Truffle mayo – the lazy sub for Hollandaise
Whisk the following ingredients together: 1/4 cup mayo, 1/2 tsp lemon juice, 1/4 tsp truffle salt. Add more kosher salt to taste, if desired. We have a wide range of salt habits in our family, so I like to cook my food on the low-salt side.
Garnish with fresh chives & serve.
This is a really easy and very pleasing breakfast that we all partake in on Sundays (except when I’m doing Detox, I guess!).